1. Washington State provided a subsidy of over $2000 for in state students.
Washington State provided a subsidy of more than $2,000 for in-state students.
2. “The 13.5 million is the tip of a larger iceberg,” Coordinator of Arts and Culture, Jerry McCollum, said.
"The $13.5 million is the tip of a larger iceberg," said Jerry Mccollum, coordinator of arts and culture.
3. “What I know if the system is broken right now, we can’t live in a world with 14% tuition increases,” President Floyd said.
"What I know is, the system is broken right now," President Floyd said, "We can not live in a world with 14 percent tuition increases."
4. The Co-President’s announced a club to meet more people that are interested in hiking.
The co-presidents announced a club for people who are interested in hiking.
5. Williams said, “There are still new things to say with art music, it’s hard to stop and listen, but when you do it can be an extremely pleasant surprise.”
"There are still new things to say with art music." Williams said, "It is hard to stop and listen, but when you do it can be an extremely pleasant surprise."
6. In Sept. 2010, the wine tasting endorsement will be available to stores, according to Jane Westman, Culinary Coordinator for Metropolitan Market.
In September, the wine-tasting endorsement will be available to stores, said Jane Westman, culinary coordinator for Metropolitan Market.
7. He died from a massive heart attack in Sept. 1996.
He died from a heart attack in September 1996.
8. In fact, the club even has their own audio engineer.
The club has its own audio engineer.
9. When it blasted off, the shock of excitement from the noise of the cannon added to the emotion of the game.
The shock from the noise of the cannon added to the emotion of the game.
Shorten the following sentences.
1. It is evident that sleep becomes less of a priority for many students.
Sleep is less of a priority for many students.
2. In fact, there is a new workout routine that is sweeping the country.
There is a new workout routine sweeping the country.
Does this need attribution?
1. When you tell somebody not to do something they are going to want to do it even more.
2. When finals week approaches for college students around the country, one word can be heard from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic: Adderall.
3. Organized crime has nearly all control over unions and the concrete industry in New York.
4. This new trend is taking hold in many areas across the nation, especially high population areas and college campuses.
5. Students do not stop to think of the consequences that might occur after a night of drinking.