Monday, October 25, 2010

Edit your peers

Edit Your Peers

Our writing continues to improve. But let’s eliminate these stubborn errors.

1. According to opensecrets.org Sen. Patty Murray had raised nearly $11.8 million.

Senator Patty Murray raised $11,781,217, according to the website opensecrets.org.

2.  “I am for state taxes,” said Alexa Mays, Junior Broadcast Production major, “They pay for everything from firefighters to the legislature.”

"I am for state taxes," said Alexa Mays, junior broadcast production major, "They pay for everything from firefighters to the legislature"

3. Wes Smith, Principle at Pullman High School, said the state run liquor stores have a monopoly on sales.

The state-run liquor stores have a monopoly on sales, said Wes Smith, Pullman High School principal.

4. The President of the Washington Restaurant Association, Kevin Wilson, said, “I’m a big fan of the initiative, it is all about the little guy trying to get bigger.”

"I'm a big fan of the initiative," Kevin Wilson, the President of the Washington Restaurant Association said," it is all about the little guy trying to get bigger."

5. 70 percent of the revenue would fund public education beginning November 14, 2011.

Beginning Nov. 14, 2011, 70 percent of the revenue would fund public education.

6. Last month, United States army officials asked congress to clarify it’s policy on gays in the military.

U.S. Army officials asked congress to clarify its policy on gays in the military last month.

7. Washington State marks up hard alcohol 51.9%.

Washington state marks up hard alcohol by almost 52 percent.

8. Many WSU students travel sixteen miles roundtrip to Moscow, Id., to purchase cheaper alcohol.

Many WSU students travel 16 miles roundtrip to Moscow, Idaho, to purchase cheaper alcohol.

9. Jennifer Sessions, a Senior Spanish major, posted flyers in support of I-1098.

Jennifer Sessions, senior Spanish major, posted fliers in support of I-1098.

10. Bobson said “I think it would have been cool to do something like that as a freshman, I know my parents would have loved it”

"I think it would have been cool to do something like that as a freshman, Bobson said. "I know my parents would have loved it."

No comments:

Post a Comment